Foundation repair is an essential service for homeowners in West Bloomfield, MI, as the region’s extreme weather conditions can cause significant damage to homes’ foundations.
These damages include cracks in the foundation walls or floors, bowing or leaning walls, and sinking or settling foundations. These problems can compromise the house’s structural integrity, leading to more severe issues down the line.
Therefore, it’s crucial to address any foundation issues as soon as possible to avoid costly and time-consuming repairs in the future. Foundation repair in West Bloomfield, MI, typically involve identifying the cause of the damage and implementing the best solution to restore the foundation’s strength and stability.
Fortunately at Bluebird, we are specially trained to detect these foundational issues and fix them with great care. Here is what you should know about our approach to foundation repair:
Damaged Foundation Signs
Your home’s foundation is every you look. From the walls to the floors, that foundation is holding your home together and keeping it from collapsing in on itself.
While some foundational issues can be hard to spot, here are some that you may notice early:
- Cracks in Floor – Cracks in your floor are not just unsightly; they may also hint at something going on in your home’s foundation. Cracks usually result when the foundation settles.
- Cracks in Drywall – Drywall cracks are perhaps the most likely to go unnoticed, but they are no less serious than any others. These usually result when the walls move with shifting foundations.
- Cracks in Brickwork – Bricks may seem strong, but they are just as susceptible to foundational cracks as any other materials. If you notice cracks in your bricks, you will want to investigate any structural issues.
- Cracks in Corners – Have you been noticing large gaps in your siding or small cracks in corners? If so, shifting foundation may be to blame.
- Leaning Chimney – Your chimney should be standing proud and tall. If it is not, then you will want to look into that to ensure that the foundation is solid.
Reasons for Foundation Repair
For various reasons, foundation repair is crucial for homeowners in Bloomfield Hills, MI. One reason is the natural settling and shifting of the soil, causing the foundation to crack or shift, leading to structural damage.
Additionally, changes in weather patterns, such as heavy rainfall or drought, can lead to soil expansion and contraction, resulting in foundation problems. Moreover, inadequate drainage, poor soil quality, and improper construction can all contribute to foundation damage. To ensure the safety and longevity of a home’s foundation, it’s crucial to seek professional foundation repair services at the first sign of damage.
Bottom line: the goal of foundation repair is to ensure that your home’s structure remains durable for many years to come. This is very important whether you plan on living there for a while or selling the house once you are ready to move on.
Call Us For All Types of Foundation Repair in West Bloomfield, MI
Foundational issues can be worrisome; fortunately, at Bluebird, we can help you address these problems quickly and affordably.
We approach all West Bloomfield homes with the same level of attention and care. We value masterful workmanship and customer service and will go above and beyond to deliver just that.
No two foundation issues are the same, which is why we use several different methods to address foundation problems. If your home is more delicate, we have helical piles and piers. If your home is the heavier type, we can always trust deep-driven steel piering systems.
Damaged beams and walls call for carbon fiber, while slab brackets can support any wayward slabs.
Give Bluebird a Call
It is never too early to invest in sound foundation repair options. Give us a call today! Outside of foundation repair, we also offer basement waterproofing and crawlspace waterproofing throughout West Bloomfield.