Your home puts up with a lot of wear and tear. Not just from you and your family living in it, but also just from existing in a place like West Bloomfield that experiences all four seasons, usually with very drastic weather. With time, those harsh winters and rainy springs can eat away at your home’s structure, and you might not even know it until it’s too late.
Fortunately at Bluebird, we are specially trained to detect these foundational issues and fix them with great care. Here is what you should know about our approach to foundation repair:
Damaged Foundation Signs
Your home’s foundation is every you look. From the walls to the floors, that foundation is holding your home together and keeping it from collapsing in on itself.
While some foundational issues can be hard to spot, here are some that you may notice early:
- Cracks in Floor – Cracks in your floor are not just unsightly; they may also hint at something going on in your home’s foundation. Cracks usually result when the foundation settles.
- Cracks in Drywall – Drywall cracks are perhaps the most likely to go unnoticed, but they are no less serious than any others. These usually result when the walls move with shifting foundations.
- Cracks in Brickwork – Bricks may seem strong, but they are just as susceptible to foundational cracks as any other materials. If you notice cracks in your bricks, you will want to investigate any structural issues.
- Cracks in Corners – Have you been noticing large gaps in your siding or small cracks in corners? If so, shifting foundation may be to blame.
- Leaning Chimney – Your chimney should be standing proud and tall. If it is not, then you will want to look into that to ensure that the foundation is solid.
Reasons for Foundation Repair
Foundation repair isn’t just a matter of keeping your house looking new and pretty. It is a safety concern. If you leave these issues unaddressed for too long, your entire house will suffer. In fact, it is best to confront these problems head-on while they are still small and manageable. At this stage, the solutions are also cheaper.
Bottom line: the goal of foundation repair is to ensure that your home’s structure remains durable for many years to come. This is very important whether you plan on living there for a while or selling the house once you are ready to move on.
Bluebird West Bloomfield Foundation Repair
Foundational issues can be worrisome; fortunately, at Bluebird, we can help you address these problems quickly and affordably.
We approach all West Bloomfield homes with the same level of attention and care. We value masterful workmanship and customer service and will go above and beyond to deliver just that.
No two foundation issues are the same, which is why we use several different methods to address foundation problems. If your home is more delicate, we have helical piles and piers. If your home is the heavier type, we can always trust deep-driven steel piering systems.
Damaged beams and walls call for carbon fiber, while slab brackets can support any wayward slabs.
Give Bluebird a Call
It is never too early to invest in sound foundation repair options. Give us a call today!