West Bloomfield Bluebird Crawlspace Waterproofing
If you have an older home, then you likely know too well the sounds the house makes, especially when it rains or the wind rages outside. What you might worry about most: water ending up where it doesn’t belong, namely in your crawlspace.
While you may not visit your crawlspace very often since it’s quite a tight fit, you can acknowledge that a waterlogged crawlspace is unpleasant. Not to mention, it can cause a number of different problems, perhaps most notably mold growth.
Is there any way to fix this? When you choose Bluebird, you can sigh in relief.
Do You Need Your Crawlspace Waterproofed?
To the average person, water trouble might look quite obvious: flooding, musty smells, and so on. That said, water damage can at times be subtle. Here are some signs you will want to waterproof your crawlspace as soon as possible:
- Consistent or frequent moisture on the inside of the windows
- Watermarks on the walls or ceiling
- Dampness in the air
- Warped wood
- The presence of mold or mildew
What are the Advantages of Waterproofing?
- Protect your family from certain illnesses – Mold and mildew grow in damp environments and can cause many health problems, including but not limited to: new or worsening asthma, difficulty breathing for those with allergies, and other pulmonary or respiratory illnesses.
- Make home improvements easier – Picture this: you spend money, time, and effort converting your basement into a man cave, home office, guest room, or playroom. You’re perfectly happy until a few months later you look around and realize that those brand new carpets have water stains, the new wallpaper is peeling, and your furniture has water damage. You find yourself wishing you had taken the proper precautions to stop this from happening.
- Improve your home’s environment – Dark and damp basements can often give the home a dull, unwelcoming feeling. Do you want your basement to look like something out of a horror movie, or like a fun place for your kids to play, or to hang out with guests?
Is Waterproofing Really That Important?
The short answer is yes. Failing to waterproof your crawlspace can lead to weakness in the foundation of your home. Once the foundation is weakened, it will eventually give altogether.
Not only that but it is predicted that the housing market will start to struggle over the next few years. A weak or broken foundation drastically impacts the financial value of your house, potentially costing you thousands. Not to mention, fixing a foundation can cost between one and six thousand dollars on average.
Wouldn’t it just be easier to hire someone to waterproof where needed before the problem even starts? All you have to do is call a repair company, pay a small fee, sit back, and relax. The price isn’t nearly as much as it would be to repair potential damage that could be caused otherwise.
That’s where we come in.
The team over at Bluebird Waterproofing and Repair have dedicated themselves to making sure that your home gets the care and repair it needs to keep you and your family safe. Visit our website, look around, and contact us for your free quote! Outside of crawlspace waterproofing, we also offer foundation repair and basement waterproofing throughout West Bloomfield.