Your house’s foundation is responsible for stabilizing the entire structure. A job this critical means your foundation should be thoroughly checked regularly to make sure you aren’t risking costly damage to your home.
If you’re behind on checking your home’s foundation, you aren’t alone. Many homeowners let this important task slip through the cracks. A house’s foundations can be confusing and intimidating to many, making it difficult to locate the precise source of an issue.
Luckily, Stevensville residents can rely on Bluebird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing to handle their foundation issues. Let’s go over what foundation repair means and why it’s so important to every home.
Signs of Damaged Foundation
Foundation issues can cover many different areas of your home, so you should not expect problems to be contained to one spot. Here are some signs to look for:
- Cracks in Drywall – If your foundation shifts almost relentlessly, you can expect to find cracks in your drywall. These cracks tend to grow wider and more severe with time.
- Cracks in Floor – No matter how durable your floors may seem, cracks can occur if your home is experiencing foundation troubles.
- Cracks in Corners – If you notice gaps in your vinyl siding, you should take notice and prepare to tackle the issue head-on. Gaps usually foreshadow greater trouble ahead, including serious cracks.
- Cracks in Brickwork – You do not want to brush off cracks in your brickwork, as they may be a warning that your foundation needs help.
- Leaning Chimney – A leaning chimney is more than just a strange feature; it is a sign of foundational problems. If you think your chimney looks strange, you should definitely reach out to a foundation professional.
Why Should I Repair My Foundation?
The trouble with foundation issues is that they very rarely remain localized to one area. If you spot signs of shaky foundation in one area of your home, chances are high that these issues are elsewhere as well.
To make matters even worse, foundation damage tends to worsen with time. That’s because your home is constantly facing the elements and the temperamental shifting soil beneath it. Therefore, when you spot trouble, you should get it taken care of promptly.
What Bluebird Offers
If you are ready to address foundation issues with your Stevensville home, we are ready to help. We are proudly RamJack certified, which means that we are very selective about the materials we use for residential projects.
We also understand that every home is different and so we come to every project ready to adjust accordingly. For example, if we are working with a heavy structure, we can take out our tools for deep-driven steel piercing systems, which involve heavy-duty piles and piers. Helical piering systems are ideal for more lightweight homes. If the problem extends to your beams and pillars, we can take out the carbon fiber and get to work. Unstable slabs will call for slab brackets.
Call Bluebird Today
Stevensville homeowners can count on Bluebird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing to restore their foundation to safety and stability. Give us a call today, and we will come out and give you a quote! Outside of foundation repair, we also offer basement waterproofing and crawlspace waterproofing and seawall repair throughout Stevensville.