A quality building relies on a strong foundation, and your home is no different. Unfortunately, rough winters and unpredictable soil conditions can wear on even the sturdiest Grand Rapids homes.
Foundation repair is a crucial aspect of maintaining the stability and safety of a building. It involves addressing structural issues affecting the foundation, such as cracks, settling, or shifting. Whether a residential property or commercial structure, a strong and stable foundation is essential for ensuring that the building remains standing and secure for years to come.
With the right techniques and materials, foundation repair specialists can effectively fix any problems and restore the foundation to its original strength.
At Bluebird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing, we offer foundation repair in Grand Rapids and always come prepared to address these issues.
Why is Foundation Damage an Issue?
A damaged foundation is a problem for a few different reasons. Among the most common issues include:
- Potential Safety Hazards – A weakened foundation can endanger the structure of the entire house. With time, walls might begin to shift, threatening to collapse. This can put your entire family at risk.
- Lower Property Values – Foundation damage can sink a home’s value. Even a nice, modern house with a big yard and many rooms will be a hard sell if it has a damaged foundation. If it does sell, you likely won’t get what it would be worth had it a more stable foundation.
- Mold and Mildew – Finally, a damaged foundation usually means cracks for water to trickle through. This creates moisture, giving mold and mildew the perfect opportunity to take hold and multiply. Mold and mildew can also become a health hazard if you breathe them in. To make matters worse, Grand Rapids was built on the banks of a river, which makes its homes even more likely to face water troubles.
What Are the Most Common Signs of Foundation Damage?
While foundation damage is not always obvious, you may get a few warning signs. These may include:
- Cracks in Your Walls – These cracks won’t always just show up one day and be incredibly obvious. They are often subtle. They may appear in your basement, your ground floor, and even the exterior of your home.
- Unpleasant Odors – This odor may smell like mold or even sewage. Other common culprits of unpleasant smells include mold and mildew.
- Drafts – If you have foundation damage, you may notice unusually chilly spots in your home, specifically the basement.
Foundation Crack Repair in Grand Rapids, MI
Foundation cracks can be a frustrating and concerning issue for homeowners, but the good news is that they can often be repaired. Our team of foundation specialists in Grand Rapids, has years of experience identifying the root cause of cracks and implementing effective solutions to address them.
From wall and floor cracks to settling issues, we have the skills and equipment to get the job done right. We use only the highest-quality materials and cutting-edge techniques to ensure that your home or building stays safe and secure for years to come. With our foundation crack repair in Grand Rapids, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your foundation is in good hands.
How Can Bluebird Help?
Foundation problems can be overwhelming, especially since they can be so difficult for the average person to spot. Fortunately, foundations can be fixed; we have the equipment to make that possible. Our RamJack certified status illustrates just how devoted we are to quality.
Whether your home is a steadfast brick structure or a more lightweight composition, we know how to approach just about any foundation problem. Lightweight buildings receive our helical piering system treatment, while heavier homes will need a deep-driven steel piercing system to get the job done.
Our foundation specialists in Grand Rapids has a wealth of knowledge and experience in foundation repair and maintenance, ensuring that you receive the best possible service. Whether you’re dealing with cracks, settling, or any other issue, our team will work with you to find a solution that meets your needs and budget.
With our commitment to quality, professionalism, and customer satisfaction, you can trust us to keep your home or building strong for years to come.
Foundation Repair in Grand Rapids, MI
Here at Bluebird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing, we know that we could never give our customers an accurate quote just by hearing the problem described over the phone. Therefore, we come on-site to find the problem. This is free of charge. Appointments can be made on our website or over the phone- both of which can be found on our front page.
Bluebird has been saving both homeowners and commercial business owners thousands of dollars in foundation repair for over 20 years. Our team of licensed professionals is ready to do what it takes to provide exceptional service.
A building requires a strong foundation; our job is to ensure that yours remains strong. If you are ready to stand on solid ground, reach out to us today! We want to hear from you. Outside of foundation repair, we also offer basement waterproofing, crawlspace waterproofing, egress windows and seawall repair throughout Grand Rapids.