A quality building relies on a strong foundation, and your home is no different. Unfortunately, rough winters and unpredictable soil conditions can wear on even the sturdiest Grand Rapids homes.
You don’t have to fret. At Bluebird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing, we always come prepared to address these issues. Here’s what you should know:
Why is Foundation Damage an Issue?
A damaged foundation is a problem for a few different reasons. Among the most common issues include:
- Potential Safety Hazards – A weakened foundation can endanger the structure of the entire house. With time, walls might begin to shift, threatening to collapse. This can put your entire family at risk.
- Lower Property Values – Foundation damage can sink a home’s value. Even a nice, modern house with a big yard and many rooms will be a hard sell if it has a damaged foundation. If it does sell, you likely won’t get what it would be worth had it a more stable foundation.
- Mold and Mildew – Finally, a damaged foundation usually means cracks for water to trickle through. This creates moisture, giving mold and mildew the perfect opportunity to take hold and multiply. Mold and mildew can also become a health hazard if you breathe them in. To make matters worse, Grand Rapids was built on the banks of a river, which makes its homes even more likely to face water troubles.
What Are the Most Common Signs of Foundation Damage?
While foundation damage is not always obvious, you may get a few warning signs. These may include:
- Cracks in Your Walls – These cracks won’t always just show up one day and be incredibly obvious. They are often subtle. They may appear in your basement, your ground floor, and even the exterior of your home.
- Unpleasant Odors – This odor may smell like mold or even sewage. Other common culprits of unpleasant smells include mold and mildew.
- Drafts – If you have foundation damage, you may notice unusually chilly spots in your home, specifically the basement.
How Can Bluebird Help?
Foundation problems can be overwhelming, especially since they can be so difficult for the average person to spot. Fortunately, foundations can be fixed; we have the equipment to make that possible. Our RamJack certified status illustrates just how devoted we are to quality.
Whether your home is a steadfast brick structure or a more lightweight composition, we know how to approach just about any foundation problem. Lightweight buildings receive our helical piering system treatment, while heavier homes will need a deep-driven steel piercing system to get the job done.
Whatever the case, we are ready.
Here at Bluebird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing, we know that we could never give our customers an accurate quote just by hearing the problem described over the phone. Therefore, we come on-site to find the problem. This is free of charge. Appointments can be made on our website or over the phone- both of which can be found on our front page.
Bluebird has been saving both homeowners and commercial business owners thousands of dollars in foundation repair for over 20 years. Our team of licensed professionals is ready to do what it takes to provide exceptional service.
A building requires a strong foundation; our job is to ensure that yours remains strong. If you are ready to stand on solid ground, reach out to us today! We want to hear from you. Outside of foundation repair, we also offer basement waterproofing and crawlspace waterproofing throughout Grand Rapids.