The foundation is crucial to your home’s entire structure, as it stabilizes your entire house. Therefore, checking on it regularly to make sure everything is in its right place is very important.
But more often than not, homes have foundation issues that need to be addressed. Since your home’s foundation might be sprawling, foundational issues may be hard to pinpoint. As a result, it’s difficult for most homeowners to understand what to do when they see a problem.
Luckily, Benton Harbor residents can rely on Bluebird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing to handle their foundation issues. Let’s go over what foundation repair entails and why it’s so important to your home.
Signs of Damaged Foundation
Your home’s foundation refers to many different areas of the house, including the following:
Because it’s such a wide-ranging term, there’s an even bigger list of foundation troubles that you need to look out for. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Cracks in Drywall – These are hard to spot at first, but drywall cracks will get worse with time if you don’t address them immediately. Shifts in the foundation cause the walls to move, which is what creates drywall cracks.
- Cracks in Floor – Cracks can happen on any floor regardless of what it’s made out of. Whether you have ceramic tiles or concrete slabs, cracks will only get worse if you don’t address them properly.
- Cracks in Corners – Vinyl and other material sidings will often indicate foundation shifts. You’ll start to see widening gaps between pieces of siding, which then causes cracks.
- Cracks in Brickwork – Cracked brickwork contributes heavily to drywall damage. As soon as you see cracks in your brick structures, it’s time to call someone to address the problem right away.
- Leaning Chimney – A leaning chimney is a definite sign that something is not right with your foundation. If you notice that your chimney looks off, you will want to get it looked at.
Why Should I Repair My Foundation?
While we don’t want to exaggerate, failing to address foundational issues will cause a lot of damage to your home. If your floors and walls start collapsing, your rooms and basements will eventually cave in, which really threatens you and your family’s safety.
Even if you think a foundation problem isn’t too bad, it’ll only get worse over time. The longer you wait, the more expensive the fix will become in the long run.
You’ll also compromise the property value of your home if you don’t address foundation issues. When people see that you have foundation issues, they’re not going to buy your home as easily.
What Bluebird Offers
Interested in fixing up your foundation? Bluebird has you covered.
We are RamJack certified, which means that the materials we use have been tested and proven to work. Safety, quality, and efficiency are our top priorities, and this shows in everything we do and every product we use.
How we approach your foundation issue will depend on a few different factors. For example, is your home more lightweight in composition, or is it heavier? If the former, we implement what is known as a helical piering system to keep everything in place. For cases that fall into the latter category, we choose deep-driven steel piercing systems.
Bottom line: we’ve got all the technical details down. You can relax as we get to work on your foundation.
Call Bluebird Today
Benton Harbor residents don’t have to wait for their foundation issues to become devastatingly severe. Call Bluebird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing for a quote!