A home’s foundation underpins the entire structure and stabilizes your entire house. That’s why you need to check on it regularly to make sure everything is in its right place.
More often than not, homes have foundation issues that need repair. However, because your home’s foundation might be sprawling and the issue harder to pinpoint, it’s going to be difficult for most homeowners to understand what to do when they see a problem.
Luckily, Bay City residents can rely on Bluebird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing to handle their foundation issues for them. Let’s go over what foundation repair entails and why it’s so important to your home.
Signs of Damaged Foundation
Your home’s foundation ranges from your walls, your floors, pillars, to even your chimney. Because it’s a wide-ranging term, there’s an even bigger list of foundation damage that you need to be aware of.
Here are the most common ones:
- Cracks in Floor – Cracks can happen on any floor regardless of its material. Whether you have ceramic tiles or concrete slabs, cracks will only worsen with time if not addressed.
- Cracks in Drywall – While these are hard to spot at first, drywall cracks will get worse and worse if you don’t take the time to address them quickly. Drywall cracks cause the foundation to shift and the walls to move.
- Cracks in Brickwork – Cracked brickwork is a contributor to drywall damage. As soon as you spot cracks in your brick structures, it’s time to call someone to address it.
- Cracks in Corners – Vinyl and other material sidings can cause your foundation to shift. You’ll start to see widening gaps between pieces of siding, causing cracks.
- Leaning Chimney – A leaning chimney is a surefire sign that your foundation needs a little work. If you spot it leaning away from your home, call a professional right away.
Why Should I Repair My Foundation?
While we don’t want to be hyperbolic, failing to address foundational issues will cause a lot of damage to your home. If your floors and walls start collapsing, your rooms and basements will eventually cave in.
Even if you think a foundation problem is minor, it’ll only get worse over time. The longer you wait off, the more expensive the fix will become.
You’ll also compromise the property value of your home if you fail to address foundation issues. When prospective buyers see that you have foundation issues, they’ll be less likely to purchase your home.
What Bluebird Offers
Interested in fixing up your foundation? Bluebird has you covered.
Our products are engineered, tested, and installed in residential homes in Bay City and beyond. For us, that means our products have been battle-tested to work in a variety of environments similar to ones you have likely witnessed yourself.
Our foundation repair services include helical piering systems to address lightweight structures. We also have deep-driven steel piercing systems that use heavy-duty piles and piers for heavy structures.
We even leverage carbon fiber to add extra support to damaged walls and beams. If you’ve got failing slabs, we’ve got slab brackets to uphold your concrete foundation.
Call Bluebird Today
If you’re a Bay City resident and you’d like to have your foundation checked and remedies, call Bluebird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing, and we’ll provide the right solution for you today.