It can sometimes be hard to believe that water can do much harm. After all, we count on it every day to wash our hands clean and hydrate our bodies. Nonetheless, water can be quite sneaky, dripping through unseen cracks in your walls undetected until you one day smell something odd or spot a damp brown blemish on your ceiling.
To make matters even more difficult, there is one area of the home that is especially vulnerable to water damage, an area that is often overlooked completely: the crawlspace. Some homeowners may forget that the crawlspace is even there. Even so, waterproofing that crawlspace can save you a lot of money and hassle down the line.
At Bluebird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing, we’re ready to help. Here’s what you should know:
Why Crawlspace Waterproofing is Crucial
To put it simply, a crawlspace is an unfinished, narrow space that sits between the ground and the first floor of your home. Believe it or not, crawlspaces are not just there to take up space. Your crawlspace may house many important pipes and wires that run across your home. Think about your plumbing and electricity.
When everything is functioning as it should, you probably won’t hear much from your pipes except for the occasional rumble. However, pipes can face usual wear and tear. When that happens, they may leak water, and water can quickly drench your crawlspace, seep into other areas of your home, and lead to expensive damage.
Unfortunately, water damage does not mend itself. It will only grow more severe with time. When you let us waterproof your crawlspace, you can rest easy knowing that water won’t gather where it does not belong.
- Wood Rot – Wood rot is not only unpleasant to look at, it can also severely affect the integrity of your home’s foundation. Wood rot results when moisture and fungi unite. The moisture allows fungi to thrive and feast on the materials keeping your home standing. With time, your foundation may weaken, and fixing these problems can get costly fast.
- Mold – Like wood rot, mold needs moisture to grow and thrive. Once it takes hold, you will likely be able to tell. It often gives off an unpleasant smell, and you can see it collecting in thick black or white clusters. Worse of all, many people can have strong allergic reactions to mold.
- Pests – Every living thing eventually seeks out water. This of course not only applies to mold and fungus but also to creepy crawling creatures that are after more than your home’s foundation––mice and rats, for example. Once they come in, they may gnaw at wires and pipes and find their way into boxes, stored food, and so much more.
What Bluebird Offers
Water damage can be frustrating to deal with it. Add in all of the additional issues that often accompany it, and you may not know where to begin. Fortunately, Blue Bird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing is at your side.
We take pride in tackling every project as a team. You won’t see a new crew working on your crawlspace over the course of several days. When we take on a new project, we are committed to seeing it to its completion.
While the costs of crawlspace waterproofing can vary from home to home, we promise that we never cut any corners. The size and scope of your crawlspace’s issues could raise or lower your end costs, but we guarantee reliable service through our in-house waterproofing team.
We are particularly skilled at:
- Insulation – Brutal Bay City winters are no match for an insulation job by Bluebird. We use high-quality foam materials to keep your crawlspace safe from the raging cold weather just beyond your window. The insulation also keeps those bone-chilling drafts from getting to your pipes and causing them to freeze, which can spell disaster if you need a nice, warm shower or a cup of morning tea.
- Encapsulation – If you regularly find your crawlspace damp, moldy, and cold, there is a solution for you: encapsulation. At Bluebird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing, we will zero in on those easy-to-miss entry points in your crawlspace and seal them off so that no moisture can penetrate. When your crawlspace remains dry, water cannot do its unspeakable damage, and mold has no chance to grow.
Contact Bluebird Today
Don’t neglect your crawlspace any longer. Bay City residents can call Bluebird to find a waterproofing solution that’s right for their budgets and their homes today. Outside of crawlspace waterproofing, we also offer foundation repair, basement waterproofing and seawall repair throughout Bay City.