Sometimes, your home’s foundation may bear the brunt of any number of elements: the weather, the environment, or even just age. However, because your foundation encompasses your entire home, locating issues can be a real challenge. This means that seeing the problem and acting accordingly will be difficult for most homeowners.
Homeowners in Ann Arbor can rest easy knowing that Bluebird Foundation Repair & Waterproofing can repair their foundation with skill. Below, we will cover some common issues that people run into and how we can address these issues.
Signs of Damaged Foundation
Damaged foundation symptoms range from cracked walls, floors, pillars, to even your chimney’s structure. Foundation damage entails a number of things, including:
- Cracks in Drywall – While drywall cracks are harder to spot, they will get worse if you don’t take the time to address them. Drywall cracks result when the foundation of your home shifts.
- Cracks in Floor – If you have foundation damage, cracks in your floor may be inevitable, even if you have well-maintained floors made from durable material.
- Cracks in Brickwork – Cracked brickwork makes drywall damage exponentially worse. If you notice cracks here, don’t hesitate in reaching out for guidance with repair.
- Cracks in Corners – If you have foundation damage and vinyl siding, you can usually tell just by looking at the gaps forming between pieces of the siding.
- Leaning Chimney – If you have a leaning chimney, foundation damage may be a culprit.
Why Should I Repair My Foundation?
Foundation damage can be difficult to deal with, but it is much more manageable if you take care of the problem right away. These issues tend not to get better on their own. Cracks will only continue to grow wider and deeper. Over time, the entire layout of your home may change drastically and be at risk of irreparable or very costly damage.
It is much better to pay the cost to get small issues fixed than to wait for these small issues to accumulate or merge into one very large issue.
Don’t forget also that the value of your home also depends upon its structure. If potential homebuyers have any reason to doubt the integrity of your home’s structure, they will pass it up. At best, you will receive way less than you could for your home were it foundationally healthy.
What Bluebird Offers
If you are serious about fixing up your foundation, Bluebird is serious about helping.
OurRamJack certification tells you that we never settle for subpar materials. We spring for the good stuff every time. By that, we mean products that have undergone rigorous testing and have been deemed suitable for residential use.
We will approach your foundation project in a way that makes sense for your home. For example, you can watch us implement a helical system for lighter homes and a deep-driven steel piercing system for much more robust homes.
For us, foundation repair goes even beyond that. We can mend ruined walls and beams with carbon fiber and keep slabs where they belong with steadfast slab brackets.
Call Bluebird Today
Foundation repair is no easy feat, but we will go above and beyond and make it look effortless. To see what we can do for your home, give Bluebird a call today.